The cottage is very conveniently located ...Oceanfront at MilePost 10.5, on the “Beach Road” in Nags Head – in the middle of the spectacular Outer Banks of North Carolina.
features & amenities
Private Sheltered Pool
25×7; available from mid-March through December
Private Outdoor Pool (Heat for an added fee)
29×15; available from mid-March through early December
We have doors which close automatically and high doorknobs to open for the safety of young children.
Extra Large Rooftop Sundeck
2 Dune-top Decks with Connecting Walkway
Large Covered Wraparound Deck & Multiple Screened Porches –
in fact, over 2,700 sq. feet of sun decks, covered decks and porches!
Life-Size Outdoor Chess Game
Gas Grill and Charcoal Grill
4 Picnic Tables • Corn Hole • Croquet • Hammock Area • Grass Lawn
Comfortably sleeps 30 people
13 Bedrooms & 12.5 Baths
7 Kings, 2 Queens, 5 Twins, 2 Pyramid Bunks, 1 Bunkset, 1 twin sleep couch, 1 full size sleeper sofa.
High Speed Wireless Internet
14 TVs & 3 DVD players
Surround Sound Stereo
Sonos Wireless Streaming HiFi Soundbar System on all three levels (iPhones, no dock necessary)
Antique Heart Pine and Tile Flooring
Office • Library • Sitting Room • Fitness Room
Laundry Room with 3 washer/dryers
No Smoking • No Pets
Special needs amenities available
Two full kitchens (one in each house) plus small fridges/kitchenettes throughout
New, Top-of-the-Line Appliances include Gas Chef’s Stove, Double Ovens, Double Refrigerators, Wine Chiller, Double Coffee Machines, Ice Maker, Microwave
We Welcome Children of All Ages!
Game Room with Pool Table, Foosball & TV area
Playroom with Ping Pong Table
Indoor Poolside Bar & Two Wet Bars
High Chair • Pack-n-Play • Crib
Bedrooms with Bunks & Kid Furnishings
We are Always Updating!
From new, top-of-the-line refrigerators, washers, dryers, dishwashers and other appliances, to new heating and air units, furniture upgrades and brand new flat-screen TVs, to new carpeting and fresh paint in all the rooms… we are always improving the cottages for your comfort and enjoyment.
East house (4 bedroom) contains:
The east house was built in 1947 and has been restored.
– The smaller cottage has 4 bedrooms which I will describe below:
West house (9 bedroom) contains:
The west house was built in 2002.
– The top floor you have a master bedroom with king bed and a futon. This is best for wheelchair accessibility as the room is spacious and the chair can roll up to the sink, handrail near the toilet, and small lip to the shower. No tub.
There are 6 rooms which would all be good choices for small families or 3 – 4 people, two each of bunk rooms, twin bed rooms, and rooms with a king and sofa bed.
- Please stay on the walkways around the house and dune for yours and the dune’s protection. Our dunes are fragile and needed to protect our home. (Also, there are cactus thorns all over the grounds, except our lawn and ocean side of dune.)
- Be mindful not to bring sand or wet feet into the house as our wood stairs and floor are antique. We have rinse off hoses and showers in a few convenient places.
- Closest large airport would be ORF (Norfolk International Airport) or PHF, (Newport News/Norfolk/Williamsburg Airport ) but there are also small chartered plane services to Kitty Hawk and Manteo.